Re: in.telnetd.exe & handles

On Thu, Oct 08, 1998 at 10:13:56AM +0100, Austin David France wrote:

> If I monitor the handle counts on in.telnetd.exe I have noticed that it
> increases by 5 for every keypress.
>
> Has anyone else noticed this?

Yes.

> Does anyone have a fix for this?

Yes.  :-)

The fix is in the current development sources.  There were handle
leaks in (at least) tty handling, fork, path handling, and select that
have been closed in the last few weeks.  We think the latest
development version of Cygwin is no longer leaking handles but maybe
we'll find another...

--
Geoffrey Noer
noer@cygnus.com