Re: Compiling Bison-generated parsers with MS VC++?

>>/cygnus/b19/share/bison.simple(333) : error C2065: 'alloca' : undeclared
>>identifier
>>/cygnus/b19/share/bison.simple(387) : error C2065: 'yylex' : undeclared
>>identifier
>
>SInce VC++ is a C++ compiler, both yyerror and yylex prototypes have to
>be declared before they are used (at the top of the Bison grammar. I
>don't
>recall having a problem with alloca, but I'll try to check that out.

VC++ declares alloca in <malloc.h>, so I have found it necessary to add
an #include for that file to the declarations section of my bison inputs.

I have also found a problem with isatty occurring in scanners
generated by some versions of flex. The VC++ header for this does not
put it in an "extern "C" {}", leading to errors when the program is
linked.

So I wind up adding the following:
#ifdef _MSC_VER
#include <malloc.h>