RE: tar, zip, gzip troubles

>>I suggest that you get the source code and find all of the open/fopen
statements and properly add the necessary file mode processing
switches.  The only truly way to get rid of this for good is to
properly port the code and be specific about what mode your file
should be processing in.<<

So what I've found advertised as ported was ported only halfways? The
author claimed that this port serves him well, but he seems to have
tweaked his Cygwin setup to support this.
Actually I tried to compile the sources on my machine with the
modifications published by the same author. Unzip made it, zip won't
link properly, but I couldn't find out what went wrong (I'll get back to
this list if I gained some more insight). At least I will play around
with unzip and make the changes you suggested.

>>PS: Newbie's, you should visit my page.<<
Done.

Markus

Dr. Markus Hoenicka
DLR Inst. Aerospace Medicine