Re: Templates

rayers@ttacs.ttu.edu writes:
> I was wondering if cygwin32 b19 works with templates.  I made a real easy
> template class for a list, which compiles fine on MSVC++, but throws a
> bunch of errors when I try with cygnwin32.  Below are the errors that it
> pops out.

> In file influded from test4.cpp:10:
> listarr.cpp:13: syntax error before '<'
> test4.cpp: In function 'int main(...)':
> test4.cpp:144: confused by earlier errors, bailing out
>
> That is it.  The last error occurs on the last brace of the program.
> Below is  snippet from the two files:  listarr.cpp test4.cpp
>
> listarr.cpp
> -----------
 [ ... ]
> template <class LE>
> List<LE::~List<LE>()			<< Line 13
> {
> 	delete [] element;
> }

Please look at line 13 again. If MSVC compiles this, it should be able to drive
your car and mow your lawn as well ;-)

May I suggest you make use of a more appropriate forum such comp.lang.c++ for
questions on programming in C++?

You should definitely upgrade your C++ compiler to egcs if you haven't done so
already (see Cygnus home page for a pointer to my site) if you're planning on
doing any C++ programming on cygwin32.

Regards,
Mumit

-