rxvt font

Downloaded the rxvt-2.4.6 binary from http://www.io.com/~bub/rxvt.html,
but although it looks great, I can't seem to set the font size correctly.

I'm using the following:

rxvt -bg black -fg wheat1 -cr red -fn "Lucida Console-8"

and although that does use the Lucida Console font, the size doesn't
seem to do anything.  I've tried just about everything from 7 to 14,
with no discernable change in font size.

What am I doing wrong?

Also, it seems I need an /etc/termcap.  Does /etc need to be mounted
binary or does it matter?

Thanks...

--
John A. Turner