Re: need help with sockets and STATUS_ACCESS_VIOLATION

Please go ahead and post anyway!

Daniel Major wrote:

> Hi.
>
> I'm porting a server written for linux and trying to get it to run on
> Windows 95.  I can compile it without any problem, but when I run it I
> always get a STATUS_ACCESS_VIOLATION exception when someone connects to
> the server.  I've pinpointed the problem to when I try to read() from a
> socket (tried two different programs and one of my own to test) and it
> always returns this error.  I'm hoping that this is a problem that many
> people will know and will be able to solve without thinking about it,
> but I can send some example code if not.
>
> Thanks
> Daniel Major
> -

Bartlee A. Anderson     System Test (Interfaces-Tools-Automation-ISDN)
Rockwell International                             Electronic Commerce
300 Bauman Ct.                                banders@ecd.rockwell.com
MS 933-605      Opinions my own, not Rockwell's   VOICE (630) 227-8975
Wood Dale, IL 60191                               FAX   (630) 227-8040
-