Re: gnu-win32 without registry entries?

Hard coded locations would be a mistake.  Locations that assume certain
drive paths (even c:) would also be a mistake in my view.  I don't care
much for this whole registry concept myself but I prefer it in this case
to circumvent the inane drive designations of DOS-based systems.  So while
I'd prefer a "standard" fstab file like many of you, unless there is a
nice way to put it in its "proper" place with the rest of the distribution,
I would argue against any such change unless there was an option to choose
the rigid, file based approach or the flexible registry approach.  If these
2 options were available and were the only two, I would also argue that the
registry option should remain the default.

RFK Partners, Inc.                      (781) 239-1053
8 Grove Street                          (781) 239-1655 - FAX
Wellesley, MA  02482-7797               http://www.rfk.com

-