Re: Running ncurses-4.2 config crashes my system

Hi,

>I have tried running configure with ncurses 4.2 several times with
>several options. According to the compiled software list on
>cygwin32's site it should compile and configure with no changes. It
>always locks up after generating headers.sh. headers.sh is
>created, but no other messages are shown after the "Creating
>headers.sh" message. Can anyone tell me why? I am running
>b19.1.

   *ncurses-4.1*
   -----------

   - what is it?
     - As soon as a text application needs to directly control its
       output to the screen (e.g. wants to place the cursor at location
       x y and then write text), ncurses is used. The panel and the
       forms libraries are included in this package. These new
       libraries support color, special  characters and panels.

   - system
     - Windows NT4 German / SP3

   - preliminaries
     - /bin/sh has to be *bash, not ash*
       - umount /bin (if mounted)
       - cp <cygnus>/bash.exe /bin/sh.exe

   - configure
     - works without changes

   - make
     - works without changes

   - make install
     - works without changes

   - notes
     - works the same way for ncurses-4.2
       (according to noer@cygnus.com  (Geoffrey Noer))

   - package availability
     - on ftp.franken.de
     - in /pub/win32/develop/gnuwin32/cygwin32/porters/Hirmke_Michael
     - as ncurses-4.1-win32-bin.tar.gz
     - or ncurses-4.1-win32-bin.zip

   - contributed by
     - mh@mike.franken.de (Michael Hirmke)

As Geoffrey wrote, works exactly the same with 4.2 !

>Thank you,
>Mr. Grim

Bye.
Michael.
--
Michael Hirmke           | Telefon +49 (911) 557999
Georg-Strobel-Strasse 81 | FAX     +49 (911) 557664
-