RE: MSVCRT/threads

Darren Cook <darren@netschool.co.jp> wrote:

>>>But it still fails with EGCS. After reading the source for process.h I've
>>>added this line:
>>> #define __MSVCRT__ //For EGCS
>>

>>Remove that line, the procedure I describe should do the equivalent for
>>you...
>
>Thanks, it works :-).

Whoops! As Mumit also pointed out there are some other libraries which rely
on the specific C run-time you are using and have to be recompiled to make
the change. Basically if you are using the C++ standard libraries (including
iostreams) or other libraries (other than the Win32 API libraries) you
should recompile them under the new specs. This may be rather tedious and/or
difficult if you have to compile something like (say) the C++ standard
libraries, or if you don't have the source code readily available.

However, for plain C code and only your own libraries (or ones that don't
depend on the C run-time) the solution I gave should work AFAIK. <crossing
fingers>

Good luck,
Colin.

- Colin Peters - colin at fu.is.saga-u.ac.jp
- http://www.geocities.com/Tokyo/Towers/6162/index.html
- Go not to usenet for counsel, for it will say both
- 'yes' and 'no' and 'try another newsgroup'.

-