RE: MSVCRT/threads

Mumit Khan <khan@xraylith.wisc.edu> wrote:

>Darren Cook <darren@netschool.co.jp> writes:
>> I've installed EGCS 1.1 for i386-mingw32. My question is how do I tell
the
>> linker I'm using MSVCRT.DLL? I checked the FAQ and mailing list archives.
>> I've included more details below. Thanks in advance for any suggestions,
>
>You can't just do that I'm afraid. You need to do a few more things:
>
>  - rebuild the target libraries and startup files (crt*) with __MSVCRT__
>    defined. That includes crt1.o, dllcrt1.o, libmingw32.a, libmoldname.a,
>    libiberty.a, and libstdc++.a. Possibly a few more I've missed here.

[snip]

Ack! I'd forgotten that there might be some dependencies in libmingw32 and
libmoldname. Off the top of my head I can't find any, but they could be
waiting in there to bite you. On the other hand, the startup files with
__MSVCRT__ defined are included as crt2.o and dllcrt2.o in Mumit's latest
distribution (the specs file I gave switches over to these startup files),
as are the import libraries libmsvcrt.a, libmsvcrt20.a and libmsvcrt40.a.
These are only minimally (pardon the pun) tested however, so no guarantees.

Colin.

- Colin Peters - colin at fu.is.saga-u.ac.jp
- http://www.geocities.com/Tokyo/Towers/6162/index.html
- Go not to usenet for counsel, for it will say both
- 'yes' and 'no' and 'try another newsgroup'.

-