Re: Do I have to mount ClearCase's view ?

Hi,

    I use full file's name but in my GNUmakefile I
use var. which contains full path to dir containing
source file. When I use dos-natation ( f.e. Y:\aaa )
cd command has worked but line contains $(var. )
has not passed. When I use //Y/aaa line contains $(var. )
has passed but cd command has not worked properly.
What's happend I do not know ? I am making an attempt
to clear it.

    Regards,

Guillaume Barthelemy-G1504C wrote:

> [...]

Hi,
I also use Clearcase from a bash shell and do not need to mount the view drive
using the mount command because the makefile only refer to elements with
relative paths... for example :

INCS=-i ../../aaaa/bbbb/include -i ./include

The same for the compilers, linker, etc ...

I haven't tried to mount the view drive to be honest. But the reason why I work
with relative paths only in my makefile is that when you mount a Clearcase view
on an NT box, it means - as for any mount point on NT - assigning a drive letter
to it (sic). Views are relatively short-lived, and the same view can be mounted
on different machines accross a network with different drive letters. Also,
different views can "see" the same makefile for parallel development, and if
your makefile uses drive letters (absolute paths) only one of them is going to
work. A last reason, your Clearcase vob is probably on a Unix server ? If this
is the case, you may want the capability to run a make from a view mounted on a
unix box, where drive letters are irrelevant. Hope this helps.

--
What is done well is done quickly enough. (Augustus Caesar)

Guillaume Barthelemy

--
Alexei Karpov
SONY Platform Software Development Center - Belgium ( PSDC- B )
Sint Stevens Woluwestraat 55 ( Rue de Woluwe-Saint-Etienne )
1130 Brussel ( Bruxelles ), Belgium, Europe, Earth
Tel.  : +32 2 724.86.50
Fax   : +32 2 726.26.86
E-mail: Alexei.Karpov@sonycom.com

" There is no future or freedom in the circumscribed life and
  the only other life is complete rejection of the rules... "
  - For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to "gnu-win32-request@cygnus.com" with one line of text: "help".