exporting structs from DLL using mingw32/egcs 1.1 -- doesn't work

I am trying to export data from a DLL, where the variable in question is a
struct.

So I have in my DLL:
	__declspec(dllexport) struct joebob myvar;

and in the file which uses is:
	__declspec(dllimport) struct joebob myvar;

But the mingw32/egcs 1.1 compiler complains that there is a declaration
conflict between the two.

Now, if I change this to 'struct joebob * myvar' in both places, it works
just fine.

My problem is that this is someone else's code, and it compiles and runs
fine with the Borland C compiler, and changing the dozen or so instances of
this sort of thing would involve a *lot* of #ifdef's in the code, which I
studiously wish to avoid.

Is this an issue which will be repaired?  That is, will I be able to export
data larger than int's at some point (or how can I do it now)?

Regards,
Ron

-