Re: Lost binutils bug report ...

OK, I hope the attachments make sense: 2 .f files, 1 .c file.  This is the
complex*16 ** complex*16 test from CELEFUNT, with an optional replacement for
the libf2c pow_zz function written with asm() in order to take advantage of
extra precision on Intel.

 In order to obtain a .o file from the .c code, I have to install
binutils-2.9.1 after installing the egcs-1.1 binaries for gnu-win32, as these
binaries include a different binutils which dies quietly when fed the compiler
output from the asm().

If the c code is not used, it makes no difference which version of binutils is
used. The c code works with the binutils in cdk.exe as well as with
binutils-2.9.1.  I have tried it with a variety of compilers, from gcc-2.7.2.3
to gcc-2.8.1 to egcs, and the only problems have been with this version of
binutils, as well as the different i386 #defines of gcc-2.8.1.

TDCPOW.ZIP