File Locking & Link Counts

I am attempting to port a MUA to CygWin32.

I'm already going through and hacking binary in to the opens.  and
replacing bash with one that doesn't textify pipes so that my innocent
BINARY mime-attatchemtns don't get corrupted. (grubmle grumble)

However I'd rather not blindly trust whatever GNU configure spits out
in terms of file locking

Do fnctl or flock work properly in CYGWIN32? (and will a program not
dependant on CYGWIN.dll ever notice them?)

Do hardlock and static link counts work the same way on NT that it
does on Unix?  (Do I need to worry about that part ofthe code, other than
fixing the opens?)

Thansk!

-Scott
--
 "Should I try to be a straight 'A' student?
   If you are then you think too much."