Re: dll, java, gcc, cygwin

It might be related to name mangling.  Try adding .def aliases in your larger
example.  I have to supply aliases in a .def file like the following for every native
method I export from the DLL:

     EXPORTS
     Java_HelloWorld_displayHelloWorld=Java_HelloWorld_displayHelloWorld@8
     dll_entry@12

The @8, @12, etc is four * the number of parameters in the function definition.  This
has something to do with telling the compiler how it should pop parameters off the
stack when returning from a function.  All JNI methods have at least two parameters --
an object representing the Java environment and the object whose method is being
invoked.

--Andrew Mickish