Re: MSVC .rc files/EGCS(1.1)-Mingw32 bug?

Paul Garceau wrote:

> I'm using Windres to convert a .rc file into something EGCS-Mingw32(1.1) can
> understand (I hope).  I continue to get errors from "windres" with these lines:
>
> (MSVC .rc script -- line 60)
> IDR_MAINFRAME ACCELERATORS MOVEABLE PURE
> BEGIN
>     "/",            ID_APP_ABOUT,           ASCII,  ALT, NOINVERT
>     "?",            ID_APP_ABOUT,           ASCII,  ALT, NOINVERT
> END
>
> MSVC resource header file:
>         #define IDR_MAINFRAME                   2
>         #define ID_APP_ABOUT                    4
>
> Error from "windres" (included with Mingw32):
>         "inappropriate modifiers for non-VIRTKEY".
>
> >From Windows32\defines.h under /* ACCEL structure */:
>         #define FALT                    (16)
>         #define FNOINVERT       (2)
>         ...ASCII undefined.
>         #define FVIRTKEY                (1)
>
>         Is this a bug?  Is it simply a need to define something called FASCII
> somewhere?  Or, is it both?
No, there is no FASCII, ASCII is assumed if VIRTKEY is not specified or
if you specify ASCII. Anyway, windres should not complain about this.
However, CONTROL is not a valid modifier for this accelerator (don't
know why, but it doesn't work).

Anders Norlander
-