Re: Problem setting PATH variable

On 23 Oct 98, Randy Campbell had questions about Problem setting
PATH variable:

> I am having strange difficulties setting the PATH variable in .bashrc.

[snip]

I was having similar trouble with things not being recognized in my
.bashrc at first too.  Then I took everything out except some
aliases and moved it to .bash_profile and now it seems to be
working fine.  Someone else mentioned some weird behavior launching
a second instance of bash from the first.  I can't do that (it made
windoze go out to lunch) but launching multiple rxvt's from the
bash shell in a DOS box works fine.  I have /bin/sh linked to bash,
and rxvt runs bash too.  Here is my setup:

[sidebar question]

What is the correct form for multiple settings of the cygwin32
environment variable?  Is a space correct, or should use a
separator?  For example:

export CYGWIN32=tty, binmode       or
export CYGWIN32=tty binmode

********************* bash configuration ******************
# ~/.bash_profile
#-------------------------------------------------------------------

# Limit coredumps to zero bytes
#ulimit -c 0

#-------------------------------------------------------------------
# Other settings

umask 022

HOME=/steve
PATH=/bin:/CYGWIN/H-I386~1/bin:/steve:.
LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/lib
#C_INCLUDE_PATH=/usr/include
#CPLUS_INCLUDE_PATH=/usr/lib/g++include
TERM=linux
VIM=/USR/VIM-5.3

export CYGWIN32=tty binmode
export TERM VIM

 if [ "$COLORTERM" = "rxvt" ] ; then
    export PS1="\e[34m\]\w\[\e[0m\]> "
    export TERM=linux
    alias ls='ls -CF --color'
    stty intr ^c susp ^z start ^q stop ^s quit ^\\ erase ^?
 fi

source ~/.bashrc
cd

#-------------------------------------------------------------------
# end of ~/.bash_profile

# ~/.bashrc
# executed by login and subshells

alias ls='ls -CF --color'
alias ll='ls -l'
alias ..='cd ..'
alias ...='cd ../..'
alias cls="c:/command.com /c cls"
alias rxvt='rxvt -fn Courier -e bash -login'

# end of ~/.bashrc

Sorry for the large post, but I thought it would be useful...