Re: Mixing Unix and WIN32?

On 23 Oct 1998 jari.aalto@poboxes.com wrote:

> Isn't the warning about winzip outdated by now when winzip 7.0
> can natively handle tar and gz files?
>
>     3. INSTALL EGCS-1.1:
>
>        a. If you have the whole file egcs-1.1-cygb19.tar.gz
>
>           % cd $CYGFS
>           % tar zxvf /tmp/egcs-1.1-cygb19.tar.gz
>
>           !! WARNING: DO NOT USE WINZIP OR SOME SUCH WINDOWS TOOL TO UNPACK !!

Quite possibly yes, but I don't have time to respond to tons of messages
from folks using older version which screws up hard links etc.

This is free software and users are free to do what they want (such as
typing in the bytes using a editor ;-); I just don't want bug reports
on installation glitches when using an unsupported method.

Regards,
Mumit

-