Re: B20 release date approaches...

vfOn Mon, Oct 26, 1998 at 08:54:55AM -0600, Bart Anderson wrote:

> I guess you decided mingw would have to be the "option" rather than
> -mno-mingw and leave the unixy thing the "option".
>
> Oh well... scripts can fix that...

Three notes:

1) I didn't think I was even going to be able to get mingw as an
   option in in time for b20 but happily it will be...

2) The difficult thing about making Mingw the default is that that
   will hose builds of Unix packages without additional configure
   work (to add the -mcygwin flag at configure/make time).  If all you
   care about is Mingw, it's easy to rewrite the gcc specs file to
   default the other way.

3) Defaulting to Mingw within the context of a new ix86-win32
   configuration cookie is still the long-term plan.

--
Geoffrey Noer
noer@cygnus.com