Re: Case Insensitive File Name Globbing

---George Phillips <phillips@opentext.com> wrote:

> I hope I didn't overlook this in the FAQ, but is there a way to make
> file name globbing case insensitive in cygwin32?  Doing command line
> things can get pretty weird when something like:
>
>   touch FOO.C
>   rm foo.c
>
> results in "FOO.C" going away while
>
>   touch FOO.C
>   rm *.c
>
> does not.

You're going to have to live with it.  It is a result of a combination
of UNIX on a Win32 filesystem.  You could however get the source code
and modify the filename globbing routine so that case doesn't matter.
But, if you're used to UNIX and you want to get rid of all file *.c or
*.C you would do `rm *.[cC]'.

Maybe one day a [no]caseglob switch could be added to the options of
the CYGWIN32 environment variable.

==