Re: TIFF I/O, netpbm

I was expecting TIFF output while apparently the output
is PGM.  Thus, my
tiffcut 100 100 200 200 input.tif > output.tif
obviously wouldn't work since it should be 'output.pgm'.

HOWEVER, the additions of the line
setmode(fd, O_BINARY);
was critical to making this work and may be useful to
someone else working with the libtiff utilities.

Later,
Steve Schweibinz

   Stephen E. Schweibinz
   Planning Support Systems Group, MCP candidate, MIT
   (617) 679-0360
   plan@mit.edu
   http://www.vcp.com