building egcs on Win32 platforms

I want to build a powerpc cross compiler to hosted on a Win95/98 box.
RTEMS documentation mention getting cygwin32 beta19.  I'm pretty sure
this will work but I would like to build with MinGW32.  This is because
the resulting crosscompiler will be native Win32 program and will be
faster (unless cygwin has changed in the last 6 months to a year).

Is it possible to use the cygwin user-tools (bash, etc) but have the
MinGW32 compiler tools in the path instead of the Cygwin32 compiler
tools ?

How is the naitive MinGW32 built from the sources ?  Using itself or
Cygwin32 ?

Thanks,
Brendan Simon.

-