This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
CHMOD not changing mode
- To: <gnu-win32 at cygnus dot com>
- Subject: CHMOD not changing mode
- From: "Brian Smith" <PicoDyne at ieee dot org>
- Date: Mon, 7 Dec 1998 09:28:23 -0500
- Reply-To: <PicoDyne at ieee dot org>
Hello all you knowledgable ones!
Using cygwin-b20.1 on NT4SP3.
I am trying to change the mode of a file to 777 using "chmod -v 777
"mode of output.dat changed to 0777 (rwxrwxrwx)"
But the file mode does not change, as evidenced by an ls -l.
Any tricks or simple solutions?
- Brian S. Smith
- PicoDyne Corporation
- Annapolis Engineering Office
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"email@example.com" with one line of text: "help".