This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
2 questions: ICMP and system
- To: gnu-win32 at cygnus dot com
- Subject: 2 questions: ICMP and system
- From: Arne Vajh°j <avajhoej at gtech dot com>
- Date: Mon, 07 Dec 1998 10:31:33 +0100
System: Windows 95 OSR2 + Cygwin B19 with patch and EGCS 1.1 (standard
1) socket(AF_INET,SOCK_RAW,IPPROTO_ICMP) does not work for me (I get
a protocol not supported errno)
The code works on another platform (it basicly uses the same
algorithm as the original Mike Muss Ping code - it is just
C++ instead of C and sligthly simpler in functionality).
Is it a problem with with Cygwin ? Is it a problem with
Windows95 WINSOCK ? (if that - how does the Windows Ping programs
work ?) Or do I have to look for a bug in my code ? (no warnings
and that it does work on another platform is no guarantee that
the code is correct)
2) Are there a simple way of getting system to use DOS instead
of bash ?
(even though I like Unix emulation, then I may still want to execute
a native DOS command)
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"email@example.com" with one line of text: "help".