Re: make and .exe targets

[I hate that this ridiculous thread is continuing, but I simply must
 step in here.  I'll probably regret it.  But...]

Jennifer Iyer wrote:

> Mr. Farrell,
> You are a strang fellow.  I had never seen a rubish, on a list server,
> you started.

I'm sorry, but you must be mistaken.  Either you're getting confused
about who was who in the thread or you didn't follow it and just
popped in at the end.  Please go back and read the thread at:

  http://sourceware.cygnus.com/ml/cygwin/1999-02/threads.html

You'll see that Mr. Farrell was actually the voice of reason in this
whole thing.  He went out of his way, in this msg in particular:

  http://sourceware.cygnus.com/ml/cygwin/1999-02/msg00169.html

to try and clear up the increasingly muddy waters.  Frankly, I
wouldn't have expended the effort at that point.

In any event, it certainly isn't Mr. Farrell who should be getting
beaten up.  I don't even know the guy, but I'll damn sure speak up
to defend him in this case.

-JT