Re: stop! (was: Re: cross compiler build fail (multiple definition of `fhandler_base::get_native_name(void)', and more))

On Wed, 10 Feb 1999, Juergen Lock wrote:

> On Wed, Feb 10, 1999 at 03:46:30PM +0100, Juergen Lock wrote:
>
> This was the offending patch, now i have to find out how to fix it...

Good, but mind telling us what these patches are supposed to be doing and
why precisely you need them?

I seem to recognize some of the patches from a long time ago, but I could
be mistaken; the trouble with old patches not integrated in an evolving
project is that after a while you don't know if the problem was fixed in
a different way.

Unless you have a good reason to use these patches, I strongly recommend
leaving all of these out; if there is a good reason, I would much rather
see these sent to binutils maintainer to make sure these are integrated.

There is a world of a difference between b17 binutils and b20.1 binutils.

Regards,
Mumit