Re: sources

On Tue, Feb 16, 1999 at 12:04:26AM -0500, Pierre A. Humblet wrote:
>At 11:14 PM 2/15/99 -0500, Christopher Faylor wrote:
>>If someone can point me to some documentation that proves that ash is not
>>working like a standard UNIX /bin/sh, then I'll be happy to change my mind.
>
>That's a good point. Where can we find documentation about ash?
>From experimenting with it, it looks like ash can do more than (some)
>sh.  For example the %% construct can be used to test if an argument is
>a switch.  However this feature doesn't work reliably:

This is exactly the opposite of the point I was making.  I don't care AT
ALL about the %% construct unless someone can show me somewhere where
this is documented for a UNIX /bin/sh.  So, demonstrating how it
works with ash currently is fruitless.  We already know that it isn't
working right.

As far as i can tell now, the %% behavior should be expunged from ash
I will try to do that for the next release.

cgf

--
cgf@cygnus.com
http://www.cygnus.com/