Is a patch required for tcsh to work with mount points?

G'Day,
  I'm wondering if a patch is required for tcsh 6.08 to allow cd'ing
through mount points.

I rebuit tcsh from scratch from the source code I got from
ftp://ftp.franken.de/pub/win32/develop/gnuwin32/cygwin32/porters/Vinschen_Co
rinna/B20/tcsh-6.08.00-x.tar.gz using Mumit Khan's build of egcs-1.1.1 for
cygwin.

(The precompiled binaries that came in the tcsh tar.gz package didn't work,
displaying the following message in a dialog box: "The procedure entry
point dll_noncygwin_dllcrt0 could not be located in the dynamic link
library cygwin1.dll")

Now under bash I mounted z: as follows:
bash-2.02$ mkdir -p /maptek/carmen
bash-2.02$ mount z:/ /maptek/carmen
bash-2.02$ cd /maptek/carmen
bash-2.02$ pwd
/maptek/carmen

But under tcsh the following happens:
> cd /maptek
> cd carmen
> pwd
/maptek

But (as I've just discovered will preparing this message), cd
/maptek/carmen follows the mount point like bash does.  Is a patch required
to allow cd'ing to mount points using relative paths?!

confused
Dan

PS: My apologies if this is a known problem.  I'm new to cygwin and a trawl
through the M.L. archives didn't show up anything.

--
Daniel Glastonbury  <dan at adelaide.maptek.com.au>