Do you want to talk about spam?

If you are interested in discussing spam, I would really appreciate it
if you would not do it on the cygwin mailing list.

This is my third plea on this subject.  We (the volunteers at Cygnus)
will be addressing the issue of spam in the near future but until then
you will probably see an occasional message.

If you want to complain about this bitterly, feel free to send me email.
I will be properly outraged and sympathetic.

I'm just asking everyone to resist the urge to repost the spam to the
mailing list.  When you do that, you're filling up the mailbox of
everyone on the list with yet another copy of the stuff that everyone
here hates.

Even if you snip the spam and just send a note to the mailing list
expressing your indignation, you're still contributing to the problem by
prolonging an off-topic discussion.  There really isn't much to be said
about the subject that hasn't been said a million times before.

Spam stinks.  It's evil.  It's immoral.  The people who send it are
idiots.  We all know that.  There's no need to go on about this, or
at least there is no reason to do so here.

Anyway, for more information about spam, what it is, how to block it,
how to fight it, where to discuss it, etc.  check out the site below.
It should be a good starting point:

		http://spam.abuse.net/

You can also find a lot of information just by going to yahoo.com and
doing a search on the word "spam" or "junk email".

And, just to (futilely?) postpone the inevitable, please don't
respond to this email by posting an even better spam URL or by
describing your favorite method for blocking spam.

Let's just all go back to discussing Cygwin, You know: why text mode
is so stupid and would be so trivially simple to fix, why the
colors don't show up when you do ls, how to do a cross compile to
an Altair system, how to make gdb read a cygwin stack dump, how
to make Sergey's telnetd work, how to make the arrow keys work
correctly in bash...

You know -- the fun stuff...

cgf