This is the mail archive of the firstname.lastname@example.org
mailing list for the Cygwin project. See the Cygwin
home page for more information.
[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
[Date Index] [Subject Index] [Author Index] [Thread Index]
Re: "Out of environment space" error
- To: "Suhaib M. Siddiqi" <Ssiddiqi@InspirePharm.Com>,"Todd Goodman" <email@example.com>
- Subject: Re: "Out of environment space" error
- From: "Michael Nelson" <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Wed, 3 Mar 1999 15:48:56 -0500
- Cc: "cygwin" <email@example.com>
- Delivered-To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Delivered-To: mailing list email@example.com
- Mailing-List: contact firstname.lastname@example.org; run by ezmlm
- Sender: email@example.com
On NT, make sure you are using "cmd.exe" as your shell and not "command.com"
(which runs in the VDM and has all of DOS's nasty limitations).
From: Suhaib M. Siddiqi <Ssiddiqi@InspirePharm.Com>
To: Todd Goodman <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Cc: cygwin <email@example.com>
Date: Wednesday, March 03, 1999 1:30 PM
Subject: Re: "Out of environment space" error
>>> You are the first NT user I've seen have this problem. BTW, where is
>>> the properties window for setting auto memory or 4096 on NT?
>>Right click on the shortcut (which is a short-cut to an MSDOS program),
>>select Properties, then Memory Tab, then under Conventional Memory
>>an Initial Environment drop down box which was set to Auto by default.
>Oh you may be better off leaving that the way it was. That will do no
>good or harm to your Cygwin, in my opinion. Also Microsoft does not
>advice using a config.sys file on NT.
>>Perhaps it has to do with my installing NT over an existing 95
>>the same drive (a FAT partition).
>Did you run the NT partition during installation? It should have taken
>care of it, unless you forced the Nt installed to install OS in the same
>directory where Win95 was already installed. In that case you are in
>big trouble and may consider backing up your data and cleaning the
>disk... then doing a fresh install.
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Send a message to firstname.lastname@example.org