This is the mail archive of the email@example.com
mailing list for the Cygwin project. See the Cygwin
home page for more information.
[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
[Date Index] [Subject Index] [Author Index] [Thread Index]
Re: upgrade problems (FAQ's?), updatedb, man, man pages...
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: Re: upgrade problems (FAQ's?), updatedb, man, man pages...
- From: email@example.com (Michael Hirmke)
- Date: 03 Mar 1999 21:21:00 +0100
- Delivered-To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Delivered-To: mailing list email@example.com
- In-Reply-To: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Mailing-List: contact email@example.com; run by ezmlm
- Organization: Kommunikationsnetz Franken e.V. (Nuernberg)
- Sender: firstname.lastname@example.org
>A few problems with an upgrade to 2.02,
You didn't tell us anything about your system, neither, what Windows you
are using nor the output from cygcheck, so it is a bit difficult to help
>1) When I run updatedb, I get an error that it doesn't like the file
>"pagefile.sys" (who would!),
>and after a long while, "empty database not created"
Works at least here on my Windows NT4 SP4 German Server.
>2) "nice updatedb" says
> "nice: updatedb: No such file or directory"
Perhaps some problem with your environment?
>3) I installed all the man pages, but no "man" command?
You can get man from
- on ftp.franken.de
- in /pub/win32/develop/gnuwin32/cygwin32/porters/Humblet_Pierre_A/B20
- as man-1.5f-cygwin-b20-bin.tar.gz
But be sure to read the readme in the same directory first!
>4) I am surprised that the man.1 pages are all in nroff;
> but no nroff is a part of the standard distribution. How about .hlp or
>.html or .rtf as a more portable and modern format?
You can convert them yourself with man2html, which is part of the above
Michael Hirmke | Telefon +49 (911) 557999
Georg-Strobel-Strasse 81 | FAX +49 (911) 557664
90489 Nuernberg | E-Mail mailto:email@example.com
| WWW http://aquarius.franken.de/
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Send a message to firstname.lastname@example.org