Re: RPC : clnt_create_timed

Suhaib M. Siddiqi wrote:

> According to my knowledge, the SUNRPC is still version 4.0 on Sparc and
> Solaris.  Did you download the code from ftp://playground.sun.com?  If
> so it is the same source code which Sun perhaps uses with its Sparc and
> Solaris.

I don't know anymore, from where I have downloaded it, but now I have taken
a look into the file `ftp://playground.sun.com/pub/rpc/rpcsrc_40.tar.Z'. It's
identical to the one I downloaded once. It doesn't contain a function
`clnt_create_timed()'. rpcsrc-4.0 is from SunOS 4.0.

There is another RPC implemetation in the directory `//playground.sun.com/pub/rpc',
which is called the `transport independent' variant. The last version on the
server is `tirpcsrc2.3.tar.Z'. This is the version used on Solaris 2.3.
This version doesn't contain the function `clnt_create_timed()', too!

Regards,
Corinna