Re: [ANN] Cygwin DEV survey

Hi DJ,

[...]
>> and all the other ports available at ftp.franken.de
>
>Warning: I've not seen full sources on ftp.franken.de, which is a
>violation of the GPL.  You'll have to get the sources those packages

Really? I thought, a pointer to the location of the sources would be
sufficient!?! Besides that IMHO you have to provide the sources *on*
*request*! For many of the packages there are in fact also source
packages in the same directory - there are no sources on ftp.franken.de
for packages, where the orginal source package has been used without
modifications. In this case there is only a pointer to a location, where
you can get the sources.
If not, please tell me, what I have to do to fullfill the GPL! There was
no intention to violate it.

[...]

Bye.
Michael.
--
Michael Hirmke           | Telefon +49 (911) 557999
Georg-Strobel-Strasse 81 | FAX     +49 (911) 557664