Re: [ANN] Cygwin DEV survey

> As I mentioned in a previous mail. RedHat and SuSE don't provide ALL
> sources for the pre-compiled binaries, so there is some kind of conflict
> here towards GPL.
> We would like to put a collection of software to a CD like RedHat and
> SuSE do, if this is violating GPL, so why do they.

This is OK because Linux's runtime license is not GPL.  It is LGPL,
with exceptions which allow non-gpl applications to be built that run
under Linux.  Since the licencing allows for non-gpl applications,
such applications can be built.  Since the GPL applies to
applications, not aggregates of applications, such applications can be
distributed on the same CD as GPL programs.