This is the mail archive of the firstname.lastname@example.org
mailing list for the Cygwin project. See the Cygwin
home page for more information.
[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
[Date Index] [Subject Index] [Author Index] [Thread Index]
Re: Time taken for ls -la --color=yes
- To: email@example.com
- Subject: Re: Time taken for ls -la --color=yes
- From: Timothy Reaves <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Mon, 8 Mar 1999 11:38:18 -0500
- Delivered-To: email@example.com
- Delivered-To: mailing list firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mailing-List: contact email@example.com; run by ezmlm
- Sender: firstname.lastname@example.org
>If you add the color or F switches then the CYGWIN1.DLL has to
>determine the type of file. It will be opening every regular file
>listed and reading a line from the file in order to determine the type
>of the file. You can imagine the overhead involved in this.
No, I guess I can't, as bash under unix does not take this long, and it would have to do the same thing.
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Send a message to email@example.com