[bug] Crazy I/O.

This bug has to do with getting back to the beginning of a file.  I was trying to test what happens with O_TEXT and O_BINARY based upon the CYGWIN variable and the [no]binmode value.  I'm using the 1998-12-3 release of the cygwin1.dll on NT4SP3.  I haven't tested with a recent snapshot but the list needs to know about this for the distributed version.

I've included a test case.  You must save the file as text.tst.c, gcc -o text text.tst.c, and have your working directory set to the source code.

-- --

PS: Newbie's, you should visit my page.
Get your free address at