This is the mail archive of the email@example.com
mailing list for the Cygwin project. See the Cygwin
home page for more information.
[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
[Date Index] [Subject Index] [Author Index] [Thread Index]
problem with cygwin version of egcs
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: problem with cygwin version of egcs
- From: John McNally <email@example.com>
- Date: Mon, 08 Mar 1999 11:26:50 -0800
- Delivered-To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Delivered-To: mailing list email@example.com
- Mailing-List: contact firstname.lastname@example.org; run by ezmlm
- Sender: email@example.com
I am running cygwin b20.1 with win95 on a 486. I installed the version
of egcs1.1.1 for cygwin b20.
When trying to run g77 (or gcc) I get
This program cannot be run in DOS mode.
Other b20 utils like "ls" and "du" work. I did not check b20 version of
gcc before overlaying egcs version. I have looked in the cygwin mailing
list archives and didn't find anything. And I'm not sure it would be
discussed wrt egcs.
Has anyone else reported this problem? This is the sort of error
message associated with trying to run a windows program from a DOS box,
which is not what I think I'm doing. I don't know much about this.
Just trying to run g77 and b19 version tends to freeze up occasionally.
Thought I'd try an update. B19 still works thankfully.
Graduate Student, UCLA
Graduate Student Researcher,
P.O. Box 808, L-543
Livermore, CA 94550
voice: (925) 424-5113
FAX: (925) 424-5114
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Send a message to firstname.lastname@example.org