This is the mail archive of the firstname.lastname@example.org
mailing list for the Cygwin project. See the Cygwin
home page for more information.
[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
[Date Index] [Subject Index] [Author Index] [Thread Index]
Re: objcopy converting a.out to ELF with DWARF2 for i386
- To: "John Kastner, Ph.D." <email@example.com>
- Subject: Re: objcopy converting a.out to ELF with DWARF2 for i386
- From: Chris Faylor <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Mon, 8 Mar 1999 16:14:38 -0500
- Cc: email@example.com
- Delivered-To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Delivered-To: mailing list email@example.com
- In-Reply-To: <firstname.lastname@example.org>; from John Kastner, Ph.D. on Mon, Mar 08, 1999 at 12:34:08PM -0800
- Mailing-List: contact email@example.com; run by ezmlm
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Sender: email@example.com
On Mon, Mar 08, 1999 at 12:34:08PM -0800, John Kastner, Ph.D. wrote:
>The company I work for would like to work with ELF/DWARF2 files.
>However our user base still uses older a.out. We are looking into using
>objcopy on a.out to produce ELF/DWARF2. We don't require perfect
>fidelity but we are looking for a strong interim solution. We only need
>an i386 solution (a.out-i386 to elf32-i386).
>Is anyone out there currently doing a similar extension to the tools?
>Is anyone out there interested in receiving our extensions if and when
>we produce them?
>I welcome helpful comments and suggestions.
It sounds like you would be changing binutils. You might want to send
mail to firstname.lastname@example.org when you're done. The maintainers of bfd and
gas (and binutils) might be interested in your changes.
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Send a message to email@example.com