This is the mail archive of the email@example.com
mailing list for the Cygwin project. See the Cygwin
home page for more information.
[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
[Date Index] [Subject Index] [Author Index] [Thread Index]
Re: Does GPL apply without Cygwin stub? [long and off-topic] (was Re: [ANN] Cygwin DEV survey)
- To: "DJ Delorie" <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Subject: Re: Does GPL apply without Cygwin stub? [long and off-topic] (was Re: [ANN] Cygwin DEV survey)
- From: "Suhaib M. Siddiqi" <Ssiddiqi@InspirePharm.Com>
- Date: Mon, 8 Mar 1999 18:08:22 -0500
- Cc: <email@example.com>
- Delivered-To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Delivered-To: mailing list email@example.com
- Mailing-List: contact firstname.lastname@example.org; run by ezmlm
- Sender: email@example.com
>> Yes, I am referring to a commercial customer (PGI) who officially
>> distribute it as a bundled product:
>If a customer buys a commercial redistribution cygwin license from us,
>and uses cygwin1.dll in their application, they may distribute
>cygwin1.dll with their application since their app requires
>cygwin1.dll to function.
>However, this does NOT mean that the cygwin1.dll they include is a
>GPL'd product - you must treat it like any other proprietary software,
>and neither copy nor redistribute it, nor use it for anything other
>than running their applictions.
That is understood.
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Send a message to firstname.lastname@example.org