RE: import libraries for 3rd-party DLLs

I am trying to use a third party msvc++ .lib file as well.  I was able
to create export and import files using the method mentioned often on
this list and in the users manual (nm followed by a dlltool) and my gcc
program seems to *link* without an errors - however when I execute the
program a window appears with the following message:

"The application or DLL is not a valid Windows NT image."

I saw in the archives someone else who got this same error message, but
there were no follow-ups to the post.  Anybody got some ideas about what
I could be doing wrong?

Thanks,

jt