Re: Freeciv Binaries

Michael Hirmke wrote:
> Hi Russell,
> >       I was wondering if anyone has been able to run the freeciv binaries
> >available from
> >
> >/B20/ on Windows 95.  My server will run fine but when I run the client I get
> As the README states:
>    - system
>      - WinNT 4.0 SP3 with cygwin B20.1 and egcs-1.1.1
> it hasn't been tested on any Win9x system.

I had ported FreeCIV some time ago under b19 and b20 on Win98 and both
server and client were working quite fine, even for some 2 hour sessions
(using X-Win32 from StarNet).

I may put my port as binary and source form to our project's web site if
there is interest.

Stipe Tolj <>

Cygwin Porting Project -- "We build UNIX on top of Windows"

Department of Economical Computer Science
University of Cologne, Germany