This is the mail archive of the email@example.com
mailing list for the Cygwin project. See the Cygwin
home page for more information.
[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
[Date Index] [Subject Index] [Author Index] [Thread Index]
NT file permissions
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: NT file permissions
- From: "Greg Frank" <email@example.com>
- Date: Thu, 11 Mar 1999 17:02:55 -0700
- Delivered-To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Delivered-To: mailing list email@example.com
- Mailing-List: contact firstname.lastname@example.org; run by ezmlm
- Priority: normal
- Sender: email@example.com
While using NTFS and setting CYGWIN=ntea, group permissions
on files are not being reported correctly.
A given file has granted "full access control" to everyone and still
shows up as -rw-r--r--
Thus, a "test -w" fails on a file that is perfectly writable by me.
Is this a known problem or does anyone know of some more
documentation I should be reading?
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Send a message to firstname.lastname@example.org