Re: Compiled executable differences between 9x and NT

Mumit Khan wrote:
> Could someone test it on a Win95 B (I know it works on Win95 A) *without*
> IE 4.0 and see if it still works? I wonder if IE is the deciding factor
> here.

I run Win95B and I allow *no* traces of any version of MSIE on
my system. The filesystem and the registry has been wiped clean
of anything I can find having to do with MSIE.

The 'test.exe' still causes the blue screen but only the program
terminates. The system does not crash.

BTW, I could not use Netscape or Win95 to download the package
because the webserver returns a "Content-Type" of "text/plain".
I grabbed it with lynx on FreeBSD then transferred it to Win95.

HTTP/1.1 200 OK