This is the mail archive of the email@example.com
mailing list for the Cygwin project. See the Cygwin
home page for more information.
[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
[Date Index] [Subject Index] [Author Index] [Thread Index]
Re: Problems with "find" and job control.
- To: "David's Lightspeed Email" <firstname.lastname@example.org>, <email@example.com>
- Subject: Re: Problems with "find" and job control.
- From: "Suhaib M. Siddiqi" <Ssiddiqi@InspirePharm.Com>
- Date: Sat, 13 Mar 1999 18:57:02 -0500
- Delivered-To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Delivered-To: mailing list email@example.com
- Mailing-List: contact firstname.lastname@example.org; run by ezmlm
- Sender: email@example.com
>My "find" command does not seem to be working properly. Regardless of what
>options I give it, it always complains about the parameters being wrong.
>For example, here is a simple command:
>$ find . -name sh.exe -print
you are typing a wrong thing. You need to put quotes around sh.exe.
find . -name "sh.exe" -print
The command you are typing is going to give you syntex error on a UNIX
There is book called UNIX in Nutshell and is available at all the book
stores in the USA. Perhaps that may answer you several questions you
posted in previous mails.
>With parameters, it consistently tells me that "FIND: Parameter format not
>Without parameters, it reports "required parameter missing"
>$ find --help
>does not work either.
>Now, as for job control, arent the "jobs", "bg", and "fg" commands a
>standard part of SH?
>I don't seem to have these in my distribution, and I could really use them.
> David L. Painter
> ph: (559) 292-5366 * 3
> fax:(559) 292-0410
>Want to unsubscribe from this list?
>Send a message to firstname.lastname@example.org
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Send a message to email@example.com