This is the mail archive of the firstname.lastname@example.org
mailing list for the Cygwin project. See the Cygwin
home page for more information.
[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
[Date Index] [Subject Index] [Author Index] [Thread Index]
Re: Good News; Questions about Korn Shell for Win32
- To: "Valery Tulnikov" <email@example.com>, "Weiqi Gao" <firstname.lastname@example.org>, "cygwin" <email@example.com>
- Subject: Re: Good News; Questions about Korn Shell for Win32
- From: "Suhaib M. Siddiqi" <Ssiddiqi@InspirePharm.Com>
- Date: Sun, 14 Mar 1999 14:51:48 -0500
- Delivered-To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Delivered-To: mailing list email@example.com
- Mailing-List: contact firstname.lastname@example.org; run by ezmlm
- Sender: email@example.com
>I remembered the old discussion in uwin list concerning MKS Toolkit. David
>Korn was skeptical on this implementation of ksh and MS decision to license
>it. He also informed that the only 'right' ksh implementation on Win32 is
>included with UWIN package.
But he also wrote in one of his message on U/WIN, Datafocus has been around
much longer then U/WIN therefore it could be more polished product compared
to U/WIN. So, who has the right implementation or a better product becomes
>With best regards,
>> Wasn't the MKS Toolkit licensed to Microsoft to be included in the next
>> version of NT? I remember reading a press story about Mr. Korn showing
>> up in one of the Microsoft demos, and challenged the compliance of that
>> version of Korn shell, which the Microsoft manager vehemently denied
>> until someone pointed out that he's being challenged by Mr. Korn
>> Weiqi Gao
>> Want to unsubscribe from this list?
>> Send a message to firstname.lastname@example.org
>Want to unsubscribe from this list?
>Send a message to email@example.com
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Send a message to firstname.lastname@example.org