Re: Job Control in the Bourne Shell

---David's Lightspeed Email <> wrote:
> One thing to note, though, is that MKS includes the VI editor with
> package.  Why doesn't Cygwin include some equivalent of this?  For
the life
> of me, I hate VI and prefer Emacs.  But it is sometimes nice to have
> around for quick editing on the fly.  It also comes in handy for
> Line editing too.

It is the mission of the cygwin developers to concentrate on the POSIX
layer of the package giving you the ability to build whatever tools
that you need.  Besides there are already ports to win32 of vi or vi
lookalike editors as well as the emacs editor.

-- --

PS: Newbie's, you should visit my page.
Get your free address at