Re: [ANN] EGCS-1.1.2 binaries for Cygwin b20.1 available

tjump@tertius.com (Theodore Jump) writes:

> Mumit,
>
> I want to thank you for your work, but I've a quirk I can't quite figure out
> preventing me from using the new release for Cygwin code builds.
>
> Basically, it appears that 'as' is being called with an incomplete command li
> ne
> in that it's not being fed a proper file name (it's being fed a ^M as the fil
> name), thus the build of even a trivial file fails, e.g.: g++ test.cc
>
> I tried this altering the state of my CYGWIN env-var, removing either and bot
> of 'tty' and 'binmode' but this did not change the behavior at all.
>
> Building either a C or CPP file results in build failure, I have not tested
> other types.  The same build error occurs if I'm trying to generate an .o fil
> or a .exe file.
>
> The error reported is:
>
>     Assembler messages:
>      for reading.open
>     : No such file or directory
>
> ... and occurs with or without the '-save-temps' option.

Yikes! I have no idea what may be causing this! I'm travelling until
Sunday and have no way to checking/fixing, but will do as soon as I
return.

When you added/removed the CYGWIN values (binmode, tty, etc), did you
restart bash? All this should work irrespective of mount types, so even
if it does, there's still a nasty bug in there somewhere. And it should
also work correctly from CMD shell.

And I was hoping that this was going to be the best tested release yet.
Sigh. This is also the first released built natively, so I'll try my
usual canadian-cross build and see if that solves your problem or not.

Regards,
Mumit