This is the mail archive of the firstname.lastname@example.org
mailing list for the Cygwin project. See the Cygwin
home page for more information.
[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
[Date Index] [Subject Index] [Author Index] [Thread Index]
Re: gdb under EMACS - only works on drive C:
- To: Anders Norlander <email@example.com>, Richard Stanton <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Subject: Re: gdb under EMACS - only works on drive C:
- From: Earnie Boyd <email@example.com>
- Date: Wed, 17 Mar 1999 09:52:28 -0800 (PST)
- Cc: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Delivered-To: email@example.com
- Delivered-To: mailing list firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mailing-List: contact email@example.com; run by ezmlm
- Reply-To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Sender: email@example.com
---Anders Norlander <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
> Richard Stanton wrote:
> > I've been using gcc + gdb under EMACS for a long time with no
> > have just noticed a problem. I can't debug a program that's on a
> > than drive C: (I've never tried this before). Here's what happens
when I try
> > running d:\scratch\amput.exe:
> > This GDB was configured as "i586-cygwin32"...
> > (gdb) break main
> > Breakpoint 1 at 0x401077: file amput.c, line 31.
> > (gdb) run
> > Starting program: //D/scratch/amput.exe
> ^^^^ cygwin path
> > So far so good, except that in the source window, a NEW file
> > created and displayed. Emacs seems to think it's called
> > d:/D/scratch/amput.c.
> > Any idea what's going wrong?
> You are using NT emacs, right? NT emacs is not a cygwin program (it
> possibly be compiled with cygwin tools. Anybody tried this?) and
> doesn't recognize cygwin style paths with a specified drive or paths
> containing "mounted" directories. As you see emacs strips the first
> leading '/' and thinks the rest is a valid windows path, which it is
Check the archives, I think someone posted a howto on this. BTW, I'd
use the http://www.eGroups.com mirror to search for this if I were the
one doing the searching.
-- email@example.com --
-- http://www.freeyellow.com/members5/gw32/index.html --
PS: Newbie's, you should visit my page.
DO YOU YAHOO!?
Get your free @yahoo.com address at http://mail.yahoo.com
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Send a message to firstname.lastname@example.org