Re: licensing NOT clear for me

On Fri, 19 Mar 1999, DJ Delorie wrote:

> >  - if you distribute on cdrom, include the cywin sources (no problem,
> > right?)
>
> cygwin *and* your program's sources, but right - no problem if you
> include all the sources on the cdrom.

Hi,

For clarification on this, one can sell non-GPL source code that
cannot be used without cygwin under any license? But I cannot sell
a linked version without it being under GPL. I can make a wrapper
DLL around my calls to cygwin functions and distribute it for free
(GPL) and sell my own code that links to the DLL but is a seperate
package and contains no code from either cygwin.dll or the wrapper
- however at the current time there is no way to generate a dll
that does such a thing. But I can alter cygwin myself to
generate such a beast and that is also OK.

Martyn