This is the mail archive of the firstname.lastname@example.org
mailing list for the Cygwin project. See the Cygwin
home page for more information.
[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
[Date Index] [Subject Index] [Author Index] [Thread Index]
Re: licensing NOT clear for me
- To: DJ Delorie <email@example.com>
- Subject: Re: licensing NOT clear for me
- From: John Mullee <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Fri, 19 Mar 1999 18:34:33 +0100
- CC: email@example.com
- Delivered-To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Delivered-To: mailing list email@example.com
- Mailing-List: contact firstname.lastname@example.org; run by ezmlm
- Organization: <http://www.exmachina.net/> Ex Machina Interactive Architects
- References: <36F12160.87AE0FC0@bigfoot.com> <36F24D87.2843A0C3@hotmail.com> <199903191529.KAA01045@envy.delorie.com>
- Sender: email@example.com
DJ Delorie wrote:
> Yes, but again, both cygwin's sources and the sources to your
well, kinda obvious from our context..
> purposefully obfuscating the sources or complicating the
> download violates the GPL.
Is that right? surely having them available 'on request' is enough?
I don't recall mentions of distribution formats in the GPL, just the
'medium' - which I would take to mean 'on the same ftp site' in
this context ..
> > FWIW, the cdk/src/winsup directory - i.e. the sources for the cygwin
> > dll - zip into about 700 kb. (one floppy disk!)
> You'd need winsup, newlib, libiberty, and toplevel. It tar.gz's to
> about 4Mb.
I wonder: will someone prepare such a (gpl-valid) archive ? ..
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Send a message to firstname.lastname@example.org